Publishing guidance and controls
1- Compliance with criteria in effect in publishing and translation which includes:
- To believe that science and scientific research are the entrusted means that lead to facts.
- To believe in the value of both persistent learning and constant quest .
- Open-mindedness is crucial to scientific research, however, rigidity, in activity, one-sidedness, narrow-mindedness and traditional concepts hinders it.
- An author should avoid metaphysical interpretation and link phenomena with its direct causes and not to believe in chance particularly in explaining phenomena.
2- Abiding by objectivity and scientific methods in compiling and writing and this is represented in:
- Avoiding biased-controversy which is regarded as narrow-mindedness ( intolerance) and one-sidedness put before the concept that the author would like to impose up on others, however, scientific research depends on evidence, observation and analogy.
- Accepting the facts that he discovers or are discovered by others even if they are his competitors or opponents.
- Honesty and precision; the author should precisely observe and describe the facts and take them altogether whether they matches or mismatches his purposes while observing plagiarism.
- Carefulness as well as avoiding claims and un-deliberated judgments unless there are adequate evidences.
3- The written material should be linguistically well-drafted and this covers:
- Texts should be free from grammatical and printing mistakes.
- Simple style, short sentences and direct words should be used.
- Tendency and textual beautifiers should be avoided.
- Colloquial phrases should also be avoided.
- Punctuation marks should be precisely used. (See appendix no. (1).
4- Tables, figure, illustrations and drawings or any other accepted illustrative means as shown in appendix (1) can be used.
The measures of the general format of the book contents:
- Printing the book in one side of a white paper.
- The margins of the pages should be 5.2 Cm from up and both sides, 5.3 Cm from the bottom and binding side. .
- The font should be New Times Roman for English texts and Simplified Arabic for Arabic texts with a size 12 for both
- Titles should be printed in bolt font, size 14.
- Tables and figures should be numbered serially.
- Each table should be given a particular name and number from up to be referred to there in.
- Each figure or illustration should be given a particular name and number from the bottom to be referred to (therein).
- Page title should include the name of the university, book title, author name, date and place of compiling.
- Table of contents, tables, figures and appendix should be enclosed.
The measures of references and sources documentation:
- Scientific documentation could be in one of the following forms:
- As a foot- note. b- At the end of a chapter. c- At the end of a research or a book. d- in the text body.
- The researcher should follow one school in the process of documentation and citation.
- The researcher or the author should enclose a list of the references and the sources he made use of.
- There are various schools and methods of references documentation, but there is an agreement among institutions in terms of: a- Scientific books. b- Theses and dissertations. c- Published researches in periodicals. d- Published researches in references and symposia. (see appendix 2). e- For the method of writing the final bibliography see appendix 2.
The measures of a book submitting:
- The department or the college approval of the book as a textbook should be enclosed with it besides the publishing permission.
- A soft copy, two hard copies, a C.V and two photos of the author should be submitted.
- Figures and illustrations should also be submitted if any exists.
The book should be submitted to specialized rubriters for proof-reading conceptual assessment.
For more information see the compiling and publishing regulation of the university.
» download presenting Form